- Connector Type
- MPO, MTP, LC,SC
- Female (without pins）or Male （with pins)
- Fiber Count
- 4 fiber, 8 fibers, 12 fibers, 24 fibers, 36 fibers, 48 fibers, 72 fibers, 96 fibers, 144 fibers
- Fiber Type
- G652D, G657A1, G657A2, OM1, OM2, OM3, OM4 or Customized
- Sheath Material
- LSZH, OFNR,OFNP available
- Cable Diameter
- 3.0/3.6 mm Round Cable or Customized
- Quality Promise
- 100% tested before delivery
- Quality Promise
- High performance in IL and RL
Details of MTP/MPO Fiber Optic Patch cord
MPO / MTP fan-out cables are designed to use fan-out kit convert to standard optical connectors,harness cables are designed to fan-out standard optical connectors directly with 0.9 mm loose tube. Input use MTP/MPO high density multi fibers connectors and output usually with LC,SC,FC, E2000 and so on. It fit for different installation environment and easy to install between different transmission equipment or different racks and cassette modules. Our connectors are 100% factory tested and can meet your special requirements.All the MTP/MPO connector compliance with Telcordia GR-1435-Core Compliant.
●100% tested before delivery
●MTP And MPO available
●Use 12/24 Cores Fiber Connector
●Trunk Cable Counts usually 12 / 24 / 36 / 48 / 72 /96 / 144-fibers
●SM/OM1/OM2/OM3/OM4 or Customized
●LSZH, OFNR, OFNP available
MPO connectors are available in a male version (with pins), or a female version (without pins)as shown in the following picture. The pins ensure the exact alignment of the fronts of the connectors, and also they ensure the end faces of the fibers are not offset.
Noses and guide grooves (key) on the top side are the two other clearly visible features, which ensures the adapter hold the connector with the correct ends aligned with each other. Based on the placement of the key, two types of MPO adapters are available. One is “key-up to key-down”. It means the key is up on one side and down on the other. The two connectors are connected turned 180° in relation to each other. The other one is “key-up to key-up”. It means both keys are up. The two connectors are connected while in the same position in relation to each other.
- Always use one male connector and one female connector plus one MPO adapter when creating a MPO connection (see the following picture).
- Never connect a female to a female or a male to a male. It should be connected with a male and a female as stated above. With a female-to-female connection, the fiber cores of the two connectors will not be at the exact same height because the guide pins are missing. That will lead to losses in performance. A male-to-male connection has even more disastrous results. There the guide pins hit against guide pins so no contact is established. This can also damage the connectors.
- Never dismantle a MPO connector. The pins are difficult to detach from a MPO connector and the fibers might break in the process. In addition, the warranty becomes null and void if you open the connector housing.
Harness cables provide a transition from multifiber cables to individual fibers or duplex connectors. For instance, 8 fibers 12 strands MTP/MPO harness cable has eight LC high fiber density connectors and a MPO connector, which is convenient for wiring and management system in 40G network with stable performance.
MTP/MPO Cable has the advantages of shorter installation times, tested and guaranteed quality and greater reliability. It has several different kinds of types.
Trunk cables serve asa permanent link connecting the MTP/MPO modules to each other. They are available with 12, 24, 48 and 72 fibers. Their ends are terminated with 12-fiber or 24-fiber MTP/MPO connectors according to customer's choice. These trunk cables like 12 fibers MPO trunk cable could help to create a simple,cost- effective 40G networking by installing a structured cabling system. MTP/MPO trunk cable requires greater care in planning but has a number of advantages, such as higher quality, minimal skew, shorter installation time,better protection, smaller volume of cable and lower total costs.
Y cables are generally used in the 2-to-1 version. A typical application is to join two 12-fiber trunk cables to a 24-fiber patch cord as part of a migration to 100 GbE. The rather rare version of 1 to 3 allows three eight-fiber MTP/MPO connectors to be joined to a 24-fiber permanent link, e.g. for migration to 40 GbE.
MTP/MPO Solutions for 40 Gigabit Ethernet Cabling
OM3 and OM4 fiber optic cables put in a parallel optical connection, terminated with MTP/MPOconnectors. These are the ingredients for 40 GbE technology in a structured cabling environment. Parallel optical channels with multi fiber multimode optical fibers of the categories OM3 and OM4 are used for implementing 40 GbE.The small diameter of the optical fibers poses no problems in laying the lines,but the ports suddenly have to accommodate four or even ten times the number of connectors. This large number of connectors can no longer be covered with conventional individual connectors. So the 802.3ba standard incorporated the MPO connector for 40GBASE-SR4.
MTP/MPO connectors and cables are the central components of a 40G parallel optical link. This connection decides whether the insertion loss exceeds the attenuation budget and whether the return loss is high enough. In the end, the desired band width can only be reached if all components in a parallel optical link satisfy the highest requirements.